Department of Ophthalmology
The Department of Ophthalmology provides services for effective diagnosis, treatment and research in eye diseases and disorders. It aims to provide good quality patient care to all sections of the society along with teaching and hands on training of undergraduate and twelve postgraduate students per year. The Department pursues inter-disciplinary research in collaboration with other departments.
The Department currently provides Outpatient services, O.T. services and In patient services.
Facilities & Services:
Out patient services
- Management of anterior segment disorders
- Fundus examination
- Glaucoma services (with state of the art automated visual field analyser)
- Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus services
- State of the art sutureless cataract surgery by phacoemulsification with implantation of foldable intraocular lens
- Glaucoma surgeries including trabeculectomy
- Strabismus (squint) surgeries
- Oculoplastic surgeries including eyelid and lacrimal surgeries
- Paediatric Ophthalmic surgeries
- Speciality clinics- Strabismus(Squint) clinic
- Retinal interventions including lasers and vitreoretinal surgeries
- Community outreach services
- Speciality clinics
- Glaucoma clinic
- Oculoplasty clinic
- Paediatric Ophthalmology clinic
- Retina clinic
- Neuro-ophthalmology clinic
Prof. Sanjeev Kumar Mittal
Professor and Head
M.S. (Ophthalmology), F.I.C.O.
Special interests: Cataract, Community Ophthalmology, Medical Retina
Dr. Ajai Agrawal
M.S. (Ophthalmology), M.A.M.S., F.I.C.S.
Special interest: Glaucoma, Cataract, Paediatric Ophthalmology
Dr. Vinita Gupta
M.S. (Ophthalmology), ICO, MRCOphth, FRCS, FRCOphth2
Special interest: Paediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus, Glaucoma, Cataract
Special interest: Strabismus, Oculoplasty, Cataract
||Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Mittal
||Professor & Head
||Dr. Ajai Agrawal
||Dr. Vinita Gupta
Ongoing Intramural Research Projects of faculty members -
- Early screening of binocular vision anomalies in paediatric population.
- To study role of contrast sensitivity and colour vision as tools for assessment of visual function of diabetics.
- Comparison of clinic based orthoptic therapy with pencil pushups treatment for convergence insufficiency: A Randomized Controlled trial
- Isolation and characterization of bacterial & fungal flora (both commensal and pathogenic) from conjuctival sac of patient with cataract presenting to a tertiary care hospital in the state of Uttrakhand
- Biosocial determinants of strabismus: A hospital based Study
- Alteration in pattern reversal Visual Evoked Potential in children with amblyopia and spherical refractive errors
- Effects of mobile phone usage on different ocular structures.
- Comparison Of Concentration Of Moxifloxacin In Aqueous Humor Of Patients Undergoing Cataract Surgery Following Topical Only And Topical Plus Oral Administration(2016-17)
Contact us: Department of Ophthalmology
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh.
Uttarakhand Pin No. 249203.